Quality homes are provided and located in pleasant neighborhood settings between the beautiful Delta countryside of the Sacramento River and majestic Mt. Diablo within the cities of Concord and Pittsburg.
Our residential care program serves girls only aged 10-17 who are either moving toward reunification with their families or emancipation toward independent living at age 18. Our foster family program serves both girls and boys ages infant to 17 years old who are placed with foster families approved and accredited through our Foster Family Agency. Most of the children come to us from emergency shelters and are struggling with emotional, personal and behavioral issues related to abuse and/or neglect.
- Stabilize and integrate the child into a supportive loving and caring community.
- Enable the development of life skills that lead to healthy and productive relationships with family, self, and others.
- Empower a positive self esteem and self respect.
- Empower an understanding of personal rights and respect for the rights of others.
- Engage family reunification, if possible.
- Enable emancipation, if needed, toward independent living.
- Maintain regular Public School attendance.
- Enable employment opportunities to gain work experience.
- Engage participation in opportunities in school and community programs of sports, music, and the arts.
- Engage participation, if desired, in opportunities for spiritual formation and development through religious activities in the community.
- Manage run away and AWOL behavior.
Our Core Values
At BAAYFS we value the sacredness of all our relationships - with residents, families, service professionals and the environment in which we live. We affirm the following values as viable expressions of our common humanity:
- Kindness expressed with tenderness; we value that in all our living we may live gentle so that all that is dear to us may also live.
- Diversity expressed with harmony; we value that in our cultural differences we can live together with honor and respect for the oneness and solidarity we share as human beings.
- Agreement expressed with pleasantness; we value that even in our disagreements we can agree to disagree with pleasantness and respect for the opinions and beliefs of each other.
- Humility expressed with modesty; we value that to err is human, but to forgive is Divine.
- Patience expressed with perseverance; we value that patience is a virtue that builds character.
- Compassion expressed with heart; we value that love is shown in our actions.
- Hospitality expressed with generosity; we value open hearts, open doors, and open minds.